FACTORY HEALTH & SAFETY AND ADMINISTRATION
Full Time, Permanent
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Domett Truck and Trailers Ltd design and manufacture customised trailers for clients throughout New Zealand for a wide variety of applications and across a large range of industries from small businesses to national fleets. Due to an internal promotion a position has become available for a Health and Safety professional to join their team.
We are ideally looking for someone with Health & Safety in Employment experience in a medium to large size business, with both legislative knowledge and practical experience in HSE as well as the ability to do a range of administrative tasks for the Factory Manager.
- Risk assessments of machinery and plant ensuring all hazards are identified and safe operating procedures are developed
- Ensuring compliance of Domett's OH&S policies and procedures
- Development and maintaining HSE systems and framework
- Assisting with HR scheduling and production administration
- Writing and implementing any new health and safety SOPs
- Document control, recording and reporting on policies, procedures, hazard management and accident and incident investigations
- Ensuring the organisation complies with legislation and external audits
- Health and safety training and inductions for new staff
- Incident and injury management and claims administration
- Maintaining electronic safety records such as: hazard reporting, incident reports, claims, risk assessments, audit compliance, medical information
- Health and Safety Qualifications are required with a minimum of Level 3 Certificate, ideally with Level 4 (or willing to gain this)
- Previous HSE and risk assessment experience
- Extensive knowledge of current New Zealand OH&S Legislation
- Knowledge of ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices
- Ideally with experience in writing SOP's
- Lean Manufacturing experience would be an advantage
- Proactive problem solver and team player
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of administration skills and advanced in MS Word and Excel
- Flexibility to step into other areas of the business when required
You can find out more about the company by looking up http://www.domett-trailers.co.nz/. Please be aware all applications must be made online through the Seek website to be considered.
Please APPLY ONLINE HERE. Applications Close Friday 12 June
but please do not hesitate to get your application in now, as appointments may be made sooner for the right person. All applications will be dealt with in complete confidence.