Full time, Permanent
Domett Truck and Trailers Ltd design and manufacture customised trailers for clients throughout New Zealand, for a wide variety of applications and across a large range of industries from small businesses to national fleets.
They are now looking for a Scheduler to join their team. Reporting to the Factory Manager, this role would suit someone with experience in using a scheduling program for planning jobs on the basis of available resources. The successful applicant will be keen to get amongst what's happening on the factory floor and enjoy developing new systems.
About the Role:
- Creating / updating an electronic production schedule in line with changing customer requirements and progress made
- Liaising with the shop floor and sales teams to obtain information
- Report on progress vs. plan to the senior management team
- Identify risks and opportunities to senior management
- To optimise the schedule to make best use of available resources
- Ensure the schedule is always up to date
- Ensure events, holidays, shutdowns are reflected in the schedule
- Give advice to the management team on achievable finish dates for existing and new work
- Communicate requirements to external vendors and internal departments
- Liaise with team leaders and senior managers to ensure everyone is aware of requirements and changes to the schedule
- To attend production and sales meetings to answer scheduling questions
- Monthly reporting
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ideally tertiary educated - National Certificate or Diploma Level 5 or above in relevant subject e.g. engineering, project management, management
- Have advanced computer skills in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience with use of scheduling tools such as ERP systems, Excel, Microsoft Project would be an advantage
- Familiarity with jobbing shops ideally
- Able to fit into an engineering environment in both the office and out on the factory floor
- Be highly analytical, diligent, logical, methodical, structured and detail focused
- Excellent time management and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable with fast paced, busy workload
- Approachable, adaptable and extremely customer focused
If you meet the above criteria then we need to hear from as soon as possible!
To apply for this role please email Kirsty.email@example.com with your up to date CV outlining similar experience. All applications must be made through One21.
ONE21 RECRUITMENT - FOR COST EFFECTIVE RESULTS!